Windows Azure Mobile Services Releases HTML5 Client
Windows Azure Mobile Services is a service platform that is part of Windows Azure. The team focuses on delivering valuable services to mobile app developers, on any platform.
Their services include:
- Easy server side data storage with service side logic/code
- Easy schedule script execution on server side
- Integration into cross platform Notification Services
- Cross vendor authentication (Facebook, Microsoft Account, Google, Twitter)
- Partner services from the Windows Azure Store including SendGrid for email, Twillio for text/SMS and pusher for push to browser based clients)
As always, the service continues to provide any Azure subscriber (subscribe for free here: http://aka.ms/AzureForFree) up to 10 free mobile services.
Recently the team has been quick to ship the iOS and Android SDKs giving developers native APIs on their platforms to use these cloud services. The team has also just shipped an HTML5/JS SDK for those that are building apps with HTML5. Very exciting. As with the other SDKs, this new one is also open sourced, and we are always open to feedback on the SDK and how it works for you.
The SDK has shipped with support for Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) support to enable your Mobile Service to accept cross-domain Ajax requests. You can now configure a whitelist of allowed domains for your Mobile Service using the Windows Azure management portal.
You can check out the getting started tutorial at the devcenter: https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/mobile/#.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)