Windows Azure Media Services
File this one away for further analysis. Live or delayed (on demand) content delivered via Windows Azure Media Services.
Takes advantage of local CDNs and provides a platform for targeted advertising as well as taking advantage of the Azure cloud capabilities (e.g. caching, high availability, etc.).
There’s also a high resolution copy available from the Microsoft downloads site if you’d like to “zoom in” on the salient details.
What I found to be eye catching?
- Codecs (H.264, MPEG)
- Device support (HTML5, Flash, Set Top/Smart TV)
- Platform support (Windows, iOS, Android)
Sounds interesting? There are ways to find out more.
- Windows Azure Media Services
- How to use Azure Media Services
- Windows Azure Media Services Package (NuGet)
Check back here soon as I’ll likely to a more comprehensive write-up in a few weeks.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)