SkyDrive for iOS - New Version!
SkyDrive is a file hosting service that enables users to upload and sync files to a cloud storage and then access them from a Web browser or their local device. It is part of the Windows Live online services and allows users to keep the files private, share them with contacts, or make the files public. Publicly shared files do not require a Microsoft account to access.
SkyDrive offers 7 GB of free storage for new users. Additional storage is available for purchase. Users who signed up to SkyDrive prior to April 22, 2012 could opt-in for a limited time offer of 25 GB of free storage upgrade. The service is built using HTML5 technologies and works with any of the new browsers. Files up to 300 MB can be uploaded via drag and drop into the web browser, or up to 2 GB via the SkyDrive desktop application for Windows and Mac.
Free your files! SkyDrive is the place to store your files so you can access them from virtually any device. With SkyDrive for iOS, you can now easily access, manage, and share files on the go. You can also upload photos or videos from your iPhone to SkyDrive.Features
- Open Office files for reading on your iOS device
- Access all of your SkyDrive content including files shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos—send a link in email or get a link you can copy and paste.
- Manage your files—move, delete, rename, or create new folders.
- Open your SkyDrive files in other iOS apps.
Recently Microsoft released a new version of the iOS client for SkyDrive. This new client is a great tool if you use the SkyDrive service.What’s New in Version 3.0 of the iOS SkyDrive client?
- Updated to support iPhone 5 and iPad Mini
- Download full resolution photos to your iPhone or iPad
- Improved support for opening SkyDrive files in other iOS apps
- Improved support for uploading files to SkyDrive from other iOS apps
- Updated app icons and visuals
- Other bug fixes
Download today from the Apple app store:https://itunes.apple.com/app/id477537958
Download apps for your other OSs (Windows, Mac, Android, Windows Phone, and iOS)
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)