Pie in the Sky Links for Cloudy Readers
Happy New Year, everyone! The blog has been relatively quiet in the last few weeks, but that means we have accumulated a ton of interesting reading. Some of these links might be a couple weeks old, but many of them are fresh reading. Regardless, they are all worth a glance (as if you didn’t have anything else to do as the new year gets rolling). Enjoy…
- Rails SQL injection vulnerability - hold your horses, here are the facts: You might have heard recently that Rails applications were vulnerable to SQL injection. This blog goes into details on the exploitable scenario.
- Rails 2.3.10, 3.1.9, and 3.0.18 have been released: And while we’re at it, the latest releases of Rails fixes the vulnerability discussed in the previous link.
- Simple PowerShell scripting with Azure PowerShell cmdlets: Glenn Block demonstrates scripting using the Windows Azure PowerShell cmdlets.
- azure-cli 0.6.9 ships, pure joy: Glenn walks you through the highlights of the latest release of the command line tools for Windows Azure.
- Simple bash scripting for ‘azure’ cli: Glenn’s at it again with scripting, this time using the Windows Azure Command-line Tools.
- Announcing Windows Azure Media Player Framework Preview for iOS: You might have missed this one over the holidays, but there’s now a preview framework that lets iOS developers consume content from Windows Azure Media Services.
- A New Streaming API for Node v0.10: A heads up about the new stream implementation coming in v0.10.
- Node.js 0.8.16 released: Another week, another Node.js release.
- Using LucidWorks on Windows Azure (Part 2 of a multi-part MS Open Tech series): "For this post, we’ll start with the main feature of LucidWorks – quickly creating a LucidWorks instance by selecting LucidWorks from the Azure Marketplace and adding it to an existing Azure Instance. It takes a few clicks and a few minutes."
- phpMyAdmin on Windows Azure Web Sites: Ruslan Yakushev shows you how to setup phpMyAdmin in Windows Azure Web Sites.
- From Relational to Riak- Advantages, Tradeoffs and Considerations: A whitepaper overview (which you can download). And, of course, Riak is available on Windows Azure.
- Hosting Multiple WordPress Sites for Free on Windows Azure: Getting a single WordPress site running in Windows Azure is only a few clicks. Getting multiple sites up isn't much harder.
- Windows Azure Websites and PhpStorm: Maarten Balliauw shows you how to use PHPStorm to build websites for Windows Azure.
- Working with Windows Azure from within PhpStorm: Maarten show you how to use the Windows Azure command line tools from PHPStorm.
- How to develop for Windows Phone 8 on your Mac: "Interested in developing apps for Windows Phone 8, but you are developing on a Mac? No problem...check out the guide below to find a variety of options."
- Windows Azure: A look back and hints of what's ahead: I like "year in review" articles.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)