Curator's Note: Every week, the Pie in the Sky blog publishes a list of links related to a range of topics - last week's are below.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services adds Android support and extends availability to East Asia: There’s a new Mobile Services SDK for Android developers, and the service is available in new regions now.
- Node.js v0.8.22 released: Another week, another Node.js release.
- Building Backbone.js apps with Backlift Part 1: Views and Templates: Backlift is a service that handles all the web server bits for you, and you just to the client-side. Part one of this series talks about views and templates.
- Building Backbone.js apps with Backlift Part 2: Collections and Forms: Part two in this series, where you’ll create a Pintrest inspired website.
- RubyGems 2.0.2 released: Fixes some potentially annoying certificate issues.
- Strong Parameters in Rails 4: A discussion about the mass assignment vulnerability that went on a while back, and how this is solved in Rails 4 through strong parameters.
- A Practical Guide to Using Signed Ruby Gems – Part 1: Bundler: This article covers using signed gems and using Bundler’s new –trusted-policy flag.
- Method Signature You Can Sink Your Teeth Into: Might be a little too introductory, but goes over different ways to pass values to methods, finally arriving at the improvements in Ruby 2.0.
- CoffeeScript Rails Source Maps: Adds support for CoffeeScript source maps to Rails.
- IdentityCache: Memcache based caching for ActiveRecord.
- Setup WordPress on Azure Web Site with GitHub Publishing: Continuous publishing of a WordPress blog to a Windows Azure Web Site using GitHub.
- Microsoft's Data Research Lab Conceives PolyBase to Easily Join Relational Data With Data From Hadoop: PolyBase looks like an interesting project to bridge the gap between the non-relational Hadoop world and RDBMS.
- Programming’s not for you? How about thinking? Be empowered: Great read from Scott Hanselman as usual.